You can make a difference. RJCP is always looking for dedicated volunteers to help us on our mission of making sure that the skills of the Syrian newcomers do not go unnoticed. Not sure how you can help out? Don't worry, there are plenty of ways you can contribute.
If you are a native Arabic speaker, you can help us by visiting the hotels and filling out skills profiles. Filling these out requires you to speak with the newcomers and learn more about their educational and work histories. In addition to filling out these questionnaires, we are looking for assistance in creating resumes for the newcomers.
For any volunteer (Arabic or non-Arabic speakers) we could use your help by connecting refugees with any potential opportunities you may know about. If you know anyone who is hiring, or looking for part-time assistance in their workplace or business, please encourage them to fill out our employer profile. The more skills profiles and employer profiles we have in our database, the more we can contribute to the newcomers' success.
Whether you speak Arabic or not, you can help us by finding employers or speaking with the Syrian newcomers. Fill out the form below and we'll contact you shortly.
RCJP strives to connect refugees with work opportunities in Canada that capitalizes on their educational and professional backgrounds and assists them in settling into their new careers. As a first step to the talent-opportunity matching process, RCJP gathers information about the refugees and maintains a database for each refugee. The RCJP team then develops resumes for the refugees and reviews them internally during their bi-weekly meetings; which is later reviewed again with the refugees themselves. After the resumes are reviewed, RCJP discusses these profiles during its bi-weekly meetings to determine which opportunities best match the refugee’s career goals and past experiences. RCJP is currently looking for two new volunteers with the following roles:
Resume Building Coordinator
RCJP is looking for a coordinator to lead the team through this initiative, your tasks will entail:
- Attending a biweekly meeting with the RCJP executive team to discuss a number of profiles that the team is targeting for that period. These profiles will be extracted from the database that RCJP maintains. The resume building team consists of five (5) RCJP members
- Assigning the team a number of profiles to prepare resumes for prior to each meeting
- Following up with team members between meetings to ensure that the team is meeting its goals for the two-week period
- Developing meeting minutes and meeting agendas for circulation among team members
- Developing resumes by accessing profile information through the database. This will require contacting refugees to gather more information to build resumes
While the resume building initiative is the main focus of the group, there are multiple initiatives that the team is leading. The RCJP team will further discuss these initiatives with the interested applicants. We are looking for an individual with passion to help others, strong writing and communication skills, and organizational skills to manage the team. Though this is a management position, senior team members will be available to assist in the coordination.
Executive Team Member
RCJP is also looking for a new member to join our executive team. The new executive member tasks will entail:
- Attending a biweekly meeting with the RCJP executive team to discuss a number of profiles that the team is targeting for that period. These profiles will be extracted from the database that RCJP maintains.
- Developing and overseeing the process of resumes building by accessing information through the website. This will require contacting refugees to gather more information to develop their resumes.
- The team is also involved with a number of other initiatives such as opportunity searching and acquisition, building connections, and administering scholarships amongst other initiatives.
We are looking for individuals with passion to help others, strong writing and communication skills to develop and review resumes, and team skills to effectively work with the rest of the executive team.
If you are interested in any of the above positions, please contact our team at Opportunities@rcjp.ca